Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mad Dogs and Englishmen {and Snail Mail}

All this Valentine-y buzz about homemade cards and sweet notes of affection set me to thinking about this old song:


Give me a ticket for an aeroplane
I ain't got time to take no fast train
Oh, the lonely days are gone
I'm coming home
Well, my baby, she wrote me a letter


I don't care how much I've got to spend
Oh I'm gonna find my way back home again
Oh the lonely days are gone
I'm coming home
Well, my baby, she wrote me a letter


Well, she wrote me a letter
Said she couldn't live without me no more
Listen to me, mister (incomprehensible)
My baby once more
Anyway

Here's the thing. If a simple, handwritten letter from a lovesick woman could bring a hound dog like Joe Cocker a'running back to her front porch, just imagine what the power of the pen could do for you. 

We all know it's true. The pen is mightier than the keyboard as well as the sword. So please drink in the beauty of these simple DIY note papers, crafty envelopes and fanciful stamps, and then dust off your old Bic and drop someone a line.

User upload via Pinterest


bloglovin via tinywhitedaisies
blog lovin via tinywhitedaisies



Present and Correct
Hello Sandwich


Design Sponge
blog lovin via tinywhitedaisies
flickr via 2girls_and_apoodle
flickr via 2girls_and_apoodle
Pinterest via brain pickings
Pinterest via Poppytalk
Cre8tivity Always

Present and Correct


Observers Room
Amazing Mae
Please tell me who you wrote to...and tell me if they hopped an aeroplane or just a fast train to come a'running home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!