Friday, February 3, 2012

A Geometry Lesson at Stevens Pass

A day up in the Cascade Mountains fills my senses with the natural beauty of the surroundings and the explosive graphic designs of the gear. But, just as I do in the lowlands, I also find inspiration in geometric patterns that can be glimpsed here, there and everywhere. Let me show you what I mean.

Last week, after about an hour of skiing, the linings of my boots got all scrumpled up and I felt like I was standing on small and very hard potatoes. It hurt. So I headed back to the lodge so I could quickly pull off my boots, realign the liners, stretch out my aching feet and then boot back up to join my companions.

It was a (relatively) warm and sunny afternoon, so I decided to sit down at one of the outdoor patio tables. After I ripped the wretched boots off my feet and  relief flooded my brain, I looked up, taking in my surroundings anew.

And everywhere I looked, I saw lines and circles and grids and patterns. Beautiful compositions of steel and stone and snow. I grabbed my camera and began snapping so I could share these images with you.


Within just a few short minutes, my feet felt better and my spirit was surging with inspiration. Stevens Pass had worked its magic on me once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!