Monday, August 9, 2021

Cooler Heads Prevail

Being cool is being your own self. -Vanessa Hudgens

Let your soul stand cool and composed before a million universes. -Walt Whitman

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1_LgF0l05ocSyjnBHvMKNrlw2pAh9T6pf

A blazing sun arcs across the top of the brilliant summer sky; scorched grass, long lost any green softness, crunches underfoot. 

I walk the maze of white tents,
peering inside each one,
eyes dizzily flickering from dazzling daylight to dark shadows
sipping lukewarm water,
and wondering what to buy.

I buy nothing.

But later than night
when my house is dark and quiet
and my over-baked brain is once again blessedly calm and cool
I wander back through the day
and reflect on what caught my eye.

Now I'm ready to shop.

As much as I enjoy the bliss of a sunny stroll through an art fair, discovering new artists and falling in love with their work, I appreciate the magic of finding these cool people online even more.

* * * * *

Thank you, Theresa, for making my fruit bowl dreams come true!

* * * * *

Other stories about my summer visits to street art fairs:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!