Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Moment By Moment

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=18u7dfkayoN1iVZ14YBRhsi_dHM--95Ly

Right on schedule, the sparkling sunshiny days of April and early May have given way to a classic Pacific Northwest start on summer.

After weeks of beautiful spring weather and even a chance to work on my first sunburn of the year, fog and misty rain have rolled in with the beautiful big blossoms of the season.

Roses
delphinium
foxglove 
peonies 
and rhododendrons galore 

are bursting into bloom this weekr, and while they love the cool weather and lush humidity, their delicate petals are easily crushed by rain. So there's that to worry about. But over the years, I've dealt with many a rain-induced calamity and learned this lesson well.

I enjoy what my garden has to offer, moment by moment, and remind myself that nothing - not even a fabulous hedge of brilliant rhodies - will last forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!