Thursday, April 2, 2020

Double Delight

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1y6FCYBDTNsxlp8oqOuWReQf1EDUL4HfZ
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1jQolVcHOCAEAVcMEcDy8OD3V_To2FFOl

It's not at all unusual for me to wake up in the morning to find a bone in my bed.

Well, it sure beats a horse head, but it's still a bit odd.

But Gracie loves her rawhide treats and sometimes, when I give her her daily after-dinner bone, she opts not to chew it right away but to save it, I suppose, for the proverbial rainy day.

When we go to bed, my big red dog often carries her treasure up the stairs and tucks it under my bed, behind the curtains, or into the corners of her favorite sleeping chair. 

I suppose it's when she comes back to bed after her early morning breakfast that Gracie apparently retrieves one of her hidden bones - my husband says he often hears her thumping and rattling around in our room from his listening post in the kitchen below - and brings it into my bed. 

It's only later when I'm making the bed that I often come across one of these precious bones, laid across the blankets, tucked underneath the comforters, or even buried behind the pillows. Not exactly sure what her emotional motivation might be, but I imagine this as the canine equivalent of a toddler bringing along her beloved teddy bear when she hops into mom's bed to greet the new day. 

I can understand that others may not share my sentiment, but I find Gracie's little habit to be endearing and sweet. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=10h_CHTy2tLsCmmkohPUzuARQlAEDeG1i

So just imagine my double delight today when I found not one but two of Gracie's morning surprises tucked in my bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!