Friday, January 3, 2020

Winds Of Change

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=17dytsSFwRbs-l5Y15oNTuR8lcthsXR2G

The calendar year is a social construct developed by humans to mark time. Therefore, a new year poses no real cause for change but simply marks time in our linear journey of days. Who we are and what we make of our lives is determined not by any new year’s reflection but by the decisions we make on every single ordinary day of the year. 

The year represents another journey around the sun, an ebb and flow of seasons that measure our lives with richness and natural changes. Set against the brink of winter, the new year offers a time for quiet waiting as the cycle of seasons begin anew. We rest and reflect, just as the earth lies fallow, and then we move into the cycle with renewed intentions. 

Maybe both those things are true. 
Maybe neither is true. 

I don’t really know. 

All I know for sure is that as I nurse myself through the end of a cold and into the first days of 2020, I am keeping the windows open and inviting the cool, refreshing winds of change to wash over me and take me where they want me to go. 

I’m game for just about anything, 2020. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!