Sunday, March 11, 2018

Luna Naps

"I have my favorite cat, who is my paperweight, on my desk while I am writing." -Ray Bradbury

^ I have a special place in my heart for black cats. 
And my current black cat, Luna, has a special place in his heart for algebra books.

When my cat chooses my desk as his napping spot, curling up across the pages of my textbook, and propping his head on my wrist just so, I am honored. 

I put down my pen and forget all about ellipses and binomial expansions, 
I sit quiet and still in my chair, every muscle froze in place
I wait - as patiently as I can - while my cat takes his nap.

Forty-five minutes later, he stretches luxuriantly, plops down to the floor, and strolls off to the next adventure in his mysterious little life, I flex my aching back and think how lucky I am to be loved by this furry little hedonist. 

And then I get back to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!