Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Pretty

Although beauty is in the eye of the beholder, the feeling of being beautiful 
exists only in the mind of the beheld. - Martha Nash


Pretty is not about the way that you look.

Pretty is the way that you feel.

And I don't care how much any woman might say that she is not into that sort of thing.

I don't care how mmuch of a rugged, outdoorsy type you prefer to be,
or how many brothers you played trucks with,
or how little you care about doing your hair,
or how non-pretty you feel because of those extra ten, twenty, or fifty pounds,
or how you just throw on any old thing and don't waste your time paying attention to fashion.

Every woman deserves a day, now and then, when she puts on a new outfit and heads off to the salon for an hour of pampering.

Shampoo
Massage
Hair cut
Blow dry
Styling

Today, for the first time in a year, I did just that. And I can tell you exactly how it made me feel.

Comfortable.
Relaxed.
Peaceful
Renewed.
Confident.

And pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!