Sunday, March 15, 2015

Walking In The Rain

Our triumphant return.


Today, Ranger and I went walking in a downpour. 

I was soaked to the skin within the first five minutes. 
Water dripped off my nose, my braid, even my eyelashes; and my boots were lakes. 

Ranger's fur was so full of water that he stopped to shake himself off several times, as if he had been swimming.

The rain was so fierce that even though this was a Sunday afternoon, when the sidewalks are usually full of weekend fitness warriors, Ranger and I found ourselves all alone. We literally saw not one other soul during our forty-five minute romp.

But honestly, even in this wicked weather, Ranger and I had the time of our lives. We marched through mud, splashed through puddles, and hurried along in a mostly successful attempt to stay warm, despite the hypothermia-inducing conditions. 


"Brrrr. I think I need a towel." 

In spite of our soggy, cold and bedraggled state, Ranger and I loved every minute that we spent walking (and singing) in the rain.

* * * * *

We're walking in the rain
Just walking in the rain
What a glorious feeling
We're happy again

We're laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in our heart
And we're ready for love

Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
We've a smile on our face

We walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just walking and
Singing in the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!