Monday, May 26, 2014

The Han Bridge

The Han Bridge is nothing short of a devil's snare. Four choked lanes of traffic flow together into a swarming steam of mostly motorbikes with a handful of bicycles, rickshaws, cars, and trucks thrown in for good measure.  I've traversed this dangerous path at least a dozen times during my first week in Danang because she stands between me and the beach. And while I'm getting the hang of the crossing, but it must be said that passing over this wicked temptress is a nasty piece of business. 

However, when the sun goes down and the lights come up, she transforms into a colorful beauty. Seen from afar, gloriously reflected across the waters of the Han River, her treachery fades in my memory and I'm enchanted by the old girl's playful spirit.

I forgive you your dark side, Han Bridge. Let's be friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!