Thursday, March 21, 2013

Human Nature

After a few weeks of Malaysian city life, I was definitely feeling ready to get in touch with nature, jungle style.

Enter Hammie, avid outdoorsman and tour guide extraordinaire.

He took me to Putrajaya, administrative capital city of Malaysia, where we visited a lakeside park and then a botanical garden.

I'm a fan of any kind of outdoor place that has trails and pathways winding to and fro, interlaced with stairways and bridges, terraces and boardwalks. I love that sense of changing textures under my feet, and the excitement of wondering what I will discover around the next bend.

That is exactly what I found at the botanical garden, along with about forty billion plants, palm trees galore,  and a giant sundial. It was a fabulous place for an adventure and I would go back in a heartbeat.

But best of all was to be outdoors in the sunshine and fresh air, enjoying the early morning sights and smells of the tropics. Thank you, Ham, for satisfying my need for nature!
















After a morning of natural beauty, I braced myself to return to the urban jungle of Kuala Lumpur at noon. But I was treated to this lovely reflection of tree and sky in a glass building, and felt not so far from nature after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!