Monday, December 31, 2012

My Rudolph Tree

I came up with a new concept this week: the Rudolph Tree.


Like a lot of good ideas (and yes, I'm going to brazenly categorize this as a good idea), this creation was born when I took two older ideas that had nothing to do with each other, and made them have sex.

{If you have no idea what I'm talking about, read this. Trust me, that will help.}

See, one of my big red balls has been floating around the house lately. For the past few months, he's been looking for a new job since he was not needed out in the garden with his bretheren. 

{If you have no idea what I'm talking about again, read this. Honestly, it makes sense, I promise.}

So as I was milling around the house, wondering what I might do with a perfectly good big red ball, I stepped out onto the front porch to water my ivy plant. As I glanced down at the wire support that holds the vines and spirals up to a pointy top, and the twinkly lights that are currently decorating the green leaves, my mind first flashed It looks like a Christmas tree, and then, But where's the star on top?

BOOM. Ten seconds later, I slipped the spare red ball over the top of the wire plant support and stepped back to scrutinize the result. 


I'm seeing Rudolph the Reindeer's oversize red nose atop a tiny green tree. The effect is somewhat ridiculous. Which is probably why I love it.

So happy that my lonely big red ball has a new place in the world. I think he fits right in with my outdoor Christmas vibe.


He's not a misfit any more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!