Saturday, September 15, 2012

Autumn Colors: Chrysanthemums


It's a well-known fact that I don't like autumn.

Correction. It's not so much that I dislike autumn. More accurately, I love summer with such a passion that the end of that season just bums me out. And since autumn happens to be what comes after summer, it gets no love from me.

Sorry 'bout it, autumn. That's just how it is between us.

Once September comes rolling around, and I feel my mood sink as fall sets in, I find it helps to do a few intentional things to lift my spirits. And today, while I was out shopping, I was suddenly struck by the most obvious mood-elevating idea in the world.

Fall flowers. FALL FLOWERS!!

A few pots of fresh color would do wonders in my tired gardens, and a good session with my shovel and hose always lifts my spirits.

First, I'm going to add some chrysanthemums. Simple, bright, warm and flashy, these pretty faces will definitely put some extra bounce in my step. The only problem is deciding which color to choose.

2 comments:

  1. stunning, beautiful...I am really excited for fall this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, lucky you to be a lover of fall. I'm trying...but I still miss my summer days of fresh roses and sunsets at the beach.

      Delete

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!