Friday, August 10, 2012

Fruits And Vegetables


Lately I've been thinking about taking a drive into Seattle to visit our legendary tourist attraction and source of all things fresh and yummy, the Pike Place Market. I'm not necessarily interested in buying anything there; I just want to take pictures of the food. Laying out their just-picked fruits and vegetables in neat rows and beautiful displays, the farmers who work there really knock themselves out to create a visual feast.

I still wouldn't mind making that trip, but in the meantime, I've reminded myself that there are similar glories to be found much closer to home. As I walked into my neighborhood grocery store today, I saw with fresh eyes the beauty in an ordinary produce department. I love the shapes and colors of each food, and the interesting combinations and contrasts between them as they are arranged on the shelves together. It soothes my soul to take a moment to stop and enjoy these sights, and I hope you enjoy them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!