Wednesday, June 13, 2012

One Man's Trash Is My Treasure

I was sorting through a stack of books last night and ran across this old Anthropologie catalog.


It dates back to 2009. And yes, like every other Anthropologie catalog ever made, it is full of dreamy pictures of women wearing expensive and trendy dresses, standing out in the middle of foggy sheep pastures. 

But that isn't why I've kept it for three years.

No, it's those brilliant Anthropologie set designers. They are magical geniuses at all times, transforming ordinary, everyday stuff like water bottles and bubble wrap into heavenly, artistic beauty. If you've ever been into any of their stores or gazed at their photography, you know what I mean.

And if you don't know what I mean, I'm about to show you.

In this 2009 catalog of which I am so fond, their materials of choice were old book pages and cardboard.

Well. You probably know I have a thing for paper

Just look at what those Anthropologie Einsteins and Picassos can do with our old friend, paper.


Sigh. So great. So inspiring.

So thanks, Anthropologie. I have no desire to buy your stuff, but I sure do treasure your catalogs.

2 comments:

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!