Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Calming Pattern

I'm in the Tucson airport, waiting for a plane to take me home. My brain is whirling from the excitement, emotion and all-around overstimulation of this visit. I tried to slow my mind's pace by eating, staring out the window, watching a baseball game, and reading, but somehow, those diversions just amped me up even more.

In a last-ditch effort to settle myself down, I took my camera and adventured around the mostly deserted waiting area, snapping pictures of whatever interested me. I found myself drawn, as you can see, to little geometric patterns and grids. And as I photographed and edited this series, I could feel my brain slowing down, and my thoughts returning to a more orderly progression.

It feels good to be calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!