Monday, December 28, 2015

Happy Third Day Of Christmas

"The universe is pure geometry - basically, a beautiful shape twisting around 
and dancing over space-time." - Antony Garrett Lisi

"There is geometry in the humming of the strings, there is music in the spacing of the spheres." 
- Pythagoras


My new wreath is pure geometry. 


A basic five-sided shape, repeated seven times over and connected with a bit of reinforcement.


The design of this himmeli masterpiece is the love child of a traditional Scandinavian folk art and a fearless DIYer named Mandi. 


I simply followed her directions and voilĂ ! A handful of brass tubes now sing with the music of the universe on my front door.


And Ranger, for his part, simply noticed a beautiful chance to escape.

* * * * *

Celebrate the Twelve Days of Christmas with me!

The Ninth Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!