Saturday, May 2, 2015

Content


The current temperature here in Hyderabad has climbed well over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. After a busy morning playing with the girls in our non-air conditioned and temporarily wifi-free home, I walked under the blazing midday sun to the grocery, and then to the agency's nearby office 

Here I sit, munching on Lay's Sour Cream and Onion potato chips on a comfy couch under a pair of highly effective ceiling fans. The babies upstairs are crying fits, but the wifi rocks. While an army of caregivers and office workers marches back and forth through the room, I'm quietly catching up with my feeds and editing the latest batch of pics. 

If I've learned anything in the past ten days, it's that life here in India is essentially chaotic. But there are, if I look very carefully, rare and precious moments of sweet peace. 

Like this one 

And for right now, I'm content. 

* * * * *

Here is the full story of my trip to Hyderabad, India and my visit with the Indian Princesses:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!