Wednesday, August 7, 2013

San Juan Islands: I'll Be Back

Our day-long adventure on San Juan Island ended with a bang. Rolling into Friday Harbor with plenty of time to catch our 10 p.m. ferry home, we were welcomed with a first-rate sunset.


We celebrated our good fortunes with a shared cup of ice cream - one scoop each of coffee and chocolate - and then we strolled around the marina as the sunset hit its peak.


It was a truly stupendous color show. One of the best sunsets I've ever seen.

Eventually the deep reds and oranges gave way to purples and pinks, and still the sky was dramatically beautiful.


Finally, with all of our senses satisfied, my daughters and I walked back to our car to await our ride.


Goodbye, San Juan Island! I will definitely be back soon.

* * * * *
Read more about my adventures on San Juan Island:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!