Saturday, August 18, 2012

In Line



Today was a day full of lines.

I spent a lot of time scrutinizing the lines on my street map of unfamiliar Tucson, making sense of the grid of streets and avenues as I wandered around town.

In a more literal sense, I whiled away quite a bit of time standing in lines. Buying textbooks, queuing up for presentations, standing at crowded restaurant counters, waiting to check out at stores - it was a day for lining up.

But my favorite kind of lines today were the geometric ones. Seemed like everywhere I looked, I saw interesting lines in buildings, pavement, or natural arrangements. Colorful or black and white, intersecting grids or simply straight, bold or gently constructed, the variety fascinated me and begged to be photographed. Who am I to deny a line?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...I'd love to hear from you!